Social media advertising has increased substantially over the past few years. Brands and companies that are not on the bandwagon, really need to consider their social advertising strategy and step up their game to keep up with global trends.
So how much is spent globally on social media advertising and which parts of the world spend what? Which social platform is most preferred and how can we improve our social advertising ways?
This infographic by invesp breaks down the social media ad spending statistics, to allow us a more in depth look at social media ad spending from around the globe:
- US social media advertising revenue is estimated to increase by more than 194%, to reach $15 billion in 2018.
- US social mobile ad revenues are estimated to grow from $1.5 billion in 2013 to $7.6 billion in 2018 = 38.3% growth rate.
Ad spending share by region:
- North America: 2013 – 43.2%, 2016 – 40.2%
- Western Europe: 2013 – 21.6%, 2016 – 23.3%
- Central or East Europe: 2013 – 2.8%, 2016 – 1.9%
As percentage of digital ad spending:
- 2013: 9.4%
- 2016: 16.1%
Per social network user by region:
- North America: 2013 – $26.05, 2015 – $39.89
- Western Europe: 2013 – $3.36, 2015 – $4.12
- The rate for social ads on Facebook has risen by 54% over the last year.
- The most preferred social media platform by advertisers is Facebook with 92%.
- For 24% of fortune 500 companies, estimated social ad budget is $10,000 – $50,000.
- 56% of Facebook users say they have clicked on an advertisement.
- 81% of Twitter advertising revenue comes from mobile devices.
Infographic by- Invesp
[Featured image: Shutterstock]
Latest posts by Casey Fleischmann (see all)
- How Can O2 #BeMoreDog on Social Media? #smlondon - October 26, 2015
- How Does BP Use Social Media? #smlondon - October 13, 2015
- How Do Londoners Use Social Media? [STUDY] #SocialLDN #smlondon - October 9, 2015