How long is too long? How long is a piece of string? Is length everything? All these questions are extremely important.
When it comes to social media and the internet, every piece of content should be as long as it takes to convey the message. Don’t waste people’s time and go for length over information…
[Tweet “Tweets shorter than 100 characters have a 17% higher engagement rate. #smlondon”]
- Twitter: 71 – 100 characters.
- Facebook: 40 characters.
- Paragraphs: 40 – 55 characters.
- Website URLs: 8 characters.
- Hashtags: 6 characters.
- E-mail subject lines: 28 – 39 characters.
- Blog titles: 55 characters.
For word counts, the following are best:
- Blog titles: 6 words.
- LinkedIn updates: 25 words.
- Blog posts: 1,600 words.
In terms of minutes, these lengths are perfect:
- YouTube video: 3 minutes.
- Podcasts: 22 minutes.
- Ted talk: 18 minutes.
- Slideshare: 6 minutes.
RELATED: When is the Best Time to Post on Social Media?