Which social media network is most popular in the UK? According to new data from the Global Web Index, Instagram has taken over Facebook in the battle to be most used.
GWI did a study on the UK’s top social networks and showed Instagram to be leading ahead of Facebook, this infographic shows some comparative statistics on both social networks:
- Facebook have a -7% change in active usage in the UK since 2014, Instagram have a +18% change in active usage in the UK since 2014.
- Instagram has a much younger audience, 39% of its UK users are aged 16-24.
- Facebook’s 16-24 demographic are just 16% of UK users..
- Facebook’s average number of accounts are 4.0 ands Instagram are 7.8.
- However 53% of Facebook’s UK users log-in multiple times per day, 29% of Instagram’s UK users log-in multiple times per day.
- 64% of Instagram users are female and 56% of Facebook users are female.
Latest posts by Casey Fleischmann (see all)
- How Can O2 #BeMoreDog on Social Media? #smlondon - October 26, 2015
- How Does BP Use Social Media? #smlondon - October 13, 2015
- How Do Londoners Use Social Media? [STUDY] #SocialLDN #smlondon - October 9, 2015