UK marketers who report high levels of commitment to content marketing do things differently than their peers, and that provides some useful insight for all content marketers.
That’s just one of the findings in the new content marketing research, Content Marketing in the UK 2017: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends by Content Marketing Institute (CMI).
The report presents findings from for-profit marketers in the UK who responded to the survey. The survey was conducted in July and August 2016. This is the 5th year Content Marketing Institute has reported on the findings from UK marketers.
Just like last year, I thought I’d have a chat with Joe and ask a few questions around content marketing usage in the UK vs. North America and Asia-Pacific. Have a listen to the interview on SoundCloud.
61% of UK marketers say their organizations are extremely or very committed to content marketing. Those UK marketers are more likely than the overall sample to:
- Understand what an effective or successful content marketing program looks like within their organization (63% vs. 46%)
- Document their content marketing strategy (54% vs. 40%)
- Allocate a higher percentage of their budget to content marketing (42% vs. 36%)
- Value creativity and craft in content creation and production (93% vs. 72%)
“UK marketers whose organizations are strongly committed to content marketing tend to have different priorities than their peers; for example, they are more likely to have a documented content marketing strategy, allocate more budget to content marketing, place high value on creativity and craft while producing content, etc.,” explains Joe Pulizzi, founder Content Marketing Institute. “We all have the same number of hours in a day. What you choose to focus on during those hours can set you up for content marketing success. This is true for all marketers.”
More Key Highlights from the Overall Sample:
- 60% of UK marketers are much more or somewhat more successful with content marketing than they were one year ago
- 53% plan to increase their content marketing spending over the next 12 months
- 82% will focus on lead generation as a content marketing goal over the next 12 months
- 65% can demonstrate, with metrics, how content marketing has increased their number of leads
Latest posts by Jorgen Sundberg (see all)
- Increasing Website Conversions with Trust Signals #smlondon - March 2, 2017
- The State of UK Content Marketing in 2017 - January 23, 2017
- How to Build a Strong Company Website #smlondon - July 9, 2016