This presentation by Kleiner Perkins about social media in 2013 was viewed more than 1 million times in one week. It explains the behaviour of mobile social media users, and gives trends and stats for the next few years.
- Facebook and Snapchat are still the best social networks to share your photos. Instagram and Flickr are very far away behind.
- For video, you may know it already but every minute, 100 hours of video are uploaded on YouTube. On the other hand, Vine is now on 8% of American smartphones!
- According to this report, sound is something we are going to share much more in a few years. More than 11 hours of music are uploaded on Soundcloud every minute.
- Facebook is the biggest social network followed by Youtube, Twitter, Google +, Linkedin, Pinterest, MySpace, Instagram, Tumblr and Foursquare. But what is interesting here is that Facebook is the only one that seems to be decreasing (sample on 2,000 persons).
- There are now more Internet users on mobile than on desktops in China (75% vs 71%). Samsung now has a bigger market share than Apple (22% vs 29%)
Latest posts by Arthur Habrial (see all)
- Introducing Instagram Direct: Photos Within Direct Messages - December 12, 2013
- How to Manage Complaints on Social Media [SLIDES] - December 11, 2013
- Top 10 Most Popular Blog Posts of 2013 - December 9, 2013