With over 400 million users, LinkedIn is the go-to place for professionals in 2016. Whether you’re just starting out on your professional journey, or have already paved your path, LinkedIn is the go-to platform for showcasing your skills, experience and talent.
We (Link Humans) have created this handy infographic that sheds some light onto the perfect profile, no matter your position. Whether you’re a student, a rising professional, an entrepreneur or a senior leader, there are always ways to improve your LinkedIn profile, and in-turn, your overall personal brand.
- Make sure to show your personality through your photograph!
- Don’t forget to include summer jobs, internships and volunteering.
- Include rich media in your experience. It will catch peoples attention!
- Illustrate your experience and highlight a passion or two in your headline.
- Write your summary in a conversational tone. It should read like you were sharing your accomplishments with a friend.
- Prioritise your skills and endorsements, and delete any unnecessary endorsements.
- Use your summary to show off the human side or your company. Create a sense of trust and comfort.
- Make sure to upload a custom header photo.
- Use the experience section as your own personal portfolio of work by uploading rich media.
- Ask connections and previous clients to give you a short recommendation, as they make you look more reliable!
- Use the header to inject some personality and show off your career highlights.
- Write a post to expand your network beyond your connections, and share your insight.
- Include your volunteer experience.
- Include your certifications. It will show that you’ve kept your skills sharp!
Latest posts by Ruby Lowe (see all)
- How to Host A Successful Snapchat Takeover #smlondon - June 10, 2016
- Facebook Advertising Works: Here’s How to Do It Well #smlondon - May 26, 2016
- How Marketers Can Benefit from User Generated Content #smlondon - May 20, 2016