LinkedIn is a powerful network – with over 90% of professionals on the site, it’s the go-to place for finding a job (or a candidate). Today, they release some exciting news, as they’ve reached 20 million members in the UK!
Below is an infographic (by LinkedIn) with a breakdown of interesting stats – do you fit into any of them?
The top UK cities by number of members on LinkedIn are:
The top skills searched by recruiters in 2015:
Over the last few years, the UK membership of LinkedIn has grown considerably:
- 2009: 3 million
- 2010: 5 million
- 2011: 8 million
- 2012: 11 million
- 2013: 14 million
- 2014: 18 million
- 2015: 19 million
- 2016: 20 million
- More than 1.2 million LinkedIn members changed employees.
- 338.7 million new connections were made in the UK.
- 330,061 members received promotions.
The biggest British employers on LinkedIn (based on number of members) are:
- Lloyds Banking Group
The most represented industries on LinkedIn are:
- IT & services: 664k.
- Construction: 630k.
- Hospital & health care: 600k.
- Retail: 566k.
- Financial services: 540k.
The top professions from LinkedIn members are:
- Engineers: 535k.
- Marketers: 265k.
- Accountants: 196k.
- Teachers: 164k.
- Nurses: 110k.
We discussed how LinkedIn has changed the way we do business in the UK with James Caan and other British business leaders, have a listen below or on iTunes.
Featured image: Shutterstock
Latest posts by Laurence Hebberd (see all)
- Size Matters: How Long Should Your Online Posts Be? #smlondon - June 8, 2016
- How to Use Social Media for Lead Generation #smlondon - June 2, 2016
- 12 Commandments of Content Creation #smlondon - May 18, 2016