For its 5th birthday, Hootsuite released this infographic looking at the evolution of social media since 2008.
In a world where social social media is constantly changing it’s interesting to see how it evolved during the past 5 years. For those working on social media everyday, Hootsuite is one of the most important tools with today over 8 million users globally. To thank their users they decided to give us some interesting stats to make us all say “Wow! Social media is so huge!”
Here are our favourites stats, directly picked from the infographic below:
- There are now 1.7 billion social media users in the world.
- Without any surprise, Facebook is the number one and is worth $100 billion, 2/3 of the grand total value of $150 billion for all social networks.
- In 2008, Hootsuite was launched by 3 people, they now have 250 employees.
But here at Social Media London we are curious to know if you are a Hootsuite user or if you prefer another client such as Sprout Social, TweetDeck? Please tell us in the comments below the post!
Latest posts by Arthur Habrial (see all)
- How Social Media Makes Us Feel Lonely [VIDEO] #smlondon - January 3, 2014
- 2014 Is Here: 6 Tips to Stay Ahead on Social Media [SLIDES] #smlondon - January 2, 2014
- #SMLXmas – #smlondon Xmas Party 2013 [RECAP] - December 23, 2013