So, you want to be the best on social media, huh? Well you don’t become the best without following the rules, do you now?
Created our good friend Jeremy Waite (Head of Digital Strategy, EMEA at Salesforce Marketing Cloud and a former speaker at both #smlondon and #smlondon LIVE!), these 80 rules of social media will help you to create the best social media strategy you can. They cover all the major networks and really go in depth.
What are your favourite rules? Let us know in the comments or via #smlondon on Twitter!
UPDATE! Jeremy has given us a more up-to-date version of his rules:
The NEW 80 rules of social media. 1. Love your customers. 2. The other 79 don't matter. Thanks @DaveParkinson
— Jeremy ☁️ (@jeremywaite) April 7, 2015
Take whichever you prefer.
- The first rule is the most important of them all: obey the rules.
- Social media is all about the audience.
- Follow from the middle of the pack.
- One active user is a BIG deal – make the most of them.
- If you spoke to most people the way that social advertising does, they’d punch you in the face.
Here are some of our other favourites:
- #8 – The only business that matters is P2P, not B2C or B2B.
- #12 – Either update your page or delete it. Don’t leave it to die.
- #38 – Twitter is not a social network. People pretend it is one but it’s more a informative/news network.
- #47 – Community managers are the real un-sung heroes of social media.
- #54 – Engagement is not a dog. You can’t own it and so you don’t have the control of your brand – your fans do.
Latest posts by Laurence Hebberd (see all)
- How to Play Chess In Facebook Messenger #smlondon - February 4, 2016
- The #CMADSelfie Hall of Fame 2016 #CMAD #smlondon - January 25, 2016
- 23 Community Management Tips by #smlondon Members #CMAD - January 25, 2016